Senior Front End Developer
September 6, 2006 5:00 PM
We're looking for someone who can tell us:
- What semantic coding is and why it's important;
- How CSS allows you to separate style and form on the web;
- When it's appropriate to use tables and when it's not;
- Why the DOM matters;
- What AJAX is and what it isn't;
- Where the gray areas are in these questions.
And who is:
- Passionate about front-end development (really, we aren't joking - we aren't looking for PHP jocks or visual designers);
- An organized self-starter;
- Good with deadlines;
- Effective under pressure;
- Great at communicating and working with teams;
- Looking for a long-term job to grow with.
In terms of skills, you:
- Have worked with database-driven, dynamically generated web sites as well as static "brochure" sites;
- Have authored DHTML widgets and can speak knowledgably about AJAX;
- Understand the requirements and techniques for building accessible web sites;
- Are familiar with both Macs & PCs (though you'll get to choose what you work on when you're hired), the browsers on each and the constraints imposed by each browser;
- Have experience with both Photoshop and Fireworks (we primarily use Fireworks, but also work with Photoshop).
You'll be doing a whole bunch of things:
- Creating XHTML and CSS templates based on comps provided by our design team;
- Providing input to designers to help them understand technical constraints and opportunities;
- Working closely with back-end engineers to insure that your templates work within larger systems;
- Understanding implied and unexpressed client and user needs and proactively addressing them;
- Examining and understanding existing websites and integrating new pages, styles and rules into them, and
- Creating front-end deliverables.
This is a full-time, on-site position in San Francisco. You're welcome to apply if you live in Bangladesh, Belgrade, or Kathmandu, but don't expect a response if you can't travel to our office. Salary/rate is commensurate with experience.
About Loud Dog Media
We are a small full-service design firm focused on creating easy-to-use websites and web applications. We do cutting edge front-end development for clients in a variety of industries. We are located in the North Beach neighborhood in San Francisco and offer great benefits, competitive pay and a fun, friendly and supportive environment.
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, send your resume (PDF or plain text, not Microsoft Word) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Front-end Web Developer" in the subject line. To be considered, include a link to your online portfolio, or at least three relevant links to projects you recently contributed to with detailed descriptions of your role on each project. Please do not call.
payscale: Commensurate with experience
job type: full-time