Junior to senior web developer
September 22, 2014 1:13 PM
Workstate, a growing Columbus consultancy seeks developers with 2+ years of experience in varying specialties. Your base of skills should be in front-end and/or server side development using up-to-date frameworks and techniques.
You will use these skills on a wide variety of projects ranging from web development, CMS integration, data migrations, custom software development and more. Project management methodologies range from standard waterfall to agile depending upon project parameters and client needs.
You will work in a close-knit team based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance above short-term profit. We are a developer-centric company. We endeavor to promote an environment where great developers can work together to build things they are proud of.
And the Starbucks is on us.
Skills & Requirements
Technologies of interest include the following. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or two technologies from each line.
- ASP.NET, J2EE, Ruby, Django, Python: you should have experience with one or two of these and the flexibility to learn on the job
- ASP.NET MVC, Spring, Grails, Rails, NodeJS
- jQuery, Sencha, AngularJS, KnockoutJS
- SQL Database Servers (any of MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
- Responsive design and development
- Rich Internet Applications development
- Configuration management / Source control
- CMS integration
- JSR-168 / 286 development
- Agile software development
- ADA / WCAG compliant development
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus, Ohio and Seattle, Washington. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul. We are a bunch of smart people who like working together.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, 20 days of paid vacation per year, and a retirement investment plan.
job type: full-time