LAMP, REST Web Developer for an Enterprise Security Appliance
July 24, 2009 11:22 AM
I'm seeking a web application/web UI developer ninja of surpassing quality. I need an AJAX/XSLT/DHTML juggernaut who can select, customize & maintain a product-specific LAMP
ish solution, work closely with folks in our Consulting organization to rapidly prototype web applications leveraging our MIR appliance and consulting kickassery, and preferably hold their own in at least one of: beer pong, bughouse
, or basketball.
This position will work closely with our Consulting organization who use MIR on a daily basis to bring their field-developed REST+MIR solutions into the product mainline, build new solutions based on product roadmap and individual innovation and enhance appliance-based web offerings and leverage web technologies to develop the next generation of our software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
View the job at http://www.mandiant.com/jobopenings/PROD0500.htm
(also attached and excerpted below for your cut & pasting pleasure)
Email resumes to email@example.com.
Read more about MANDIANT, a boutique information security consulting firm, developers of MANDIANT Intelligent Response (MIR), our publications and press.
- Work closely with the Consulting organization to provide rapid prototyping and plan a path to integration for ongoing internal projects.
- Design, code, test, and deploy software products per the company’s product strategy according to the company’s Software Development Lifecycle.
- Acquire knowledge of required technologies on a product-by-product basis to ensure timely delivery of quality software.
- Produce work estimates as requested; refine estimate skills over time to ensure accurate forecasting for software product delivery dates.
- Participate in analysis of customer needs; produce mappings to product features and requirements.
- Provide feedback to management on product and company strategy based on personal experience and expertise.
- Work with other team members in a collegial fashion; collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires B.S. or BA. in a technical field, or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- 2-10 years experience in software engineering.
ADDITIONAL VALUED SKILLS
- Strong understanding of Linux web server and application server solutions.
- Experience with modern service-oriented architecture and data exchange technologies, such as JSON, XML, DOM parsing models, and XSLT transformations.
- Familiarity with Windows platforms including Windows XP, Server 2003, and Vista.
- Strong understanding of data management and abstraction; familiarity with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience developing applications using HTTP and Representational State Transfer (REST)
- Strong debugging skills using industry standard tools.
- Experience working in a tightly integrated team, including familiarity with iterative and agile software development methods.
- Experience with advanced streaming and schema-aware XSLT processors.
- Background in developing scalable solutions for large infrastructure management problems (e.g., enterprise systems management or security monitoring tools).
- Background in information security disciplines, such as digital forensics, application/systems assessments, and incident response.
- Familiarity with .NET Framework, C#, C++ and C.
payscale: Commensurate with experience
job type: full-time
posted by abulafa to internet engineering