, a media platform for the conversation on sustainability in business, is seeking an experienced online course builder to create a platform for offering online courses to sustainability practitioners. Courses will include sustainability reporting, sustainable marketing, carbon markets and other courses TBD (but you don't need to have knowledge of these topics to be the successful candidate).
Platform should include space for:
- Self-directed study through PDF with weekly assignments
- Q&A forum with teachers and other students
- Live and recorded webinars and youtube videos (software TBD)
- PDF library
- Quiz or checklist functionality
- Secure entry and ability for students to save their place
- Payment system
This both a logistical and technical assignment that requires experience in developing online courses and technical proficiency – we need someone to help us figure out how the courses should flow from a pedagogy standpoint, and then how to implement that in a technically straightforward manner. We also need someone to help us weigh the costs and benefits of different course functionality in terms of ease-of-implementation. Our preference is to use wordpress in a creative way (such as this concept
The successful candidate will:
- Converse with our prospective trainers to determine needed functionality
- Help build out course wireframe
- Propose and install technical infrastructure that can be re-used for future courses
- Potentially manage and budget for additional design work, if needed.
- Knowledge of wordpress capabilities and limits and experience building wordpress-based sites
- Experience building online courses using wordpress or other
- Familiarity with Problogger approach
to online course modules and blog monetization techniques.
-Basic design competence
-PHP skills a plus
Compensation is flexible and based on experience.
To Apply: Please submit a bid to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes hourly rate and proposed hours to complete project. Tell us why you are the person for the job and 1-2 things we should be thinking about (to show us how you can help us with this project).
Thanks for reading!
job type: contract
posted by paddingtonb to Web/HTML/Info Design